Microsoft CRM has added support for oData in the 2011 release. oData, according to the oData web site "...is a Web protocol for querying and updating data that provides a way to unlock your data and free it from silos that exist in applications today." What it means is that using an XMLHttpRequest object, you can send a query string to a web service with syntax that is very SQL like and get data back from the web service.
You are here
A coworker of mine was recently experimenting with some changes to the Account entity in our MS CRM 2011 test environment and came across an interesting quirk. They had formatted a section to be four columns wide and set the labels to a reasonable width of 100 pixels. To their surprise, every column in every section on the form was suddenly inflated, pushing items off-screen, including the horizontal scrollbar. As it turns out, the Date control was the culprit.
During an upgrade from CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011 we discovered an issue in scripting that caused things to break even though scripts are backwards compatible. There is a field/attribute called fullname that is hidden and auto-populated based on first, middle and last names and is saved with the record. The issue was the syntax used in MS CRM 4.0 - while it worked, it wasn't the "supported" MS CRM method. There are two fixes.
When it's comes to sales, nothing is more important than reaching defined goals and achieving results. I'd like to stress the importance of DEFINED goals. Every professional has a certain amount of productivity they must maintain. In order to do so, it's important to not only define your goals, but to also clearly understand them. As for me personally, this has become relevant as our last team meeting addressed how we must all begin to actually document our goals and put them in writing. At first, this seemed like a no-brainer. Write them down and stick to them; however, I underestima
I was working in MS CRM 2011 returning some JSON using the oData REST endpoint and while I was looking at what was returned I noticed that the string values that were returned had some prototyped functions attached. Specifically, the following methods were available on a string that was returned:
MS CRM 2011 has been officially released. I finally had some time to spend looking at it last week and I really, really like what I see from a customization and development perspective. Some of the pain has been taken out of customizing MS CRM. But, as with any new version of software, good documentation is hard to find.
I was installing the Microsoft Outlook CRM client and got the error message: Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. I didn't bother reading any instructions before installing and when prompted to enter the server, I entered: I solved the problem by removing the "/OrgName" from the URL I had entered. From there, everything was fine.
About the Author:
I've been doing quite a bit of work lately with the Microsoft CRM SDK and taking advantage of the Advanced Developer Extensions. Here's a quick introduction to what they are and what you can do. It definitely makes building applications against MS CRM easier. I had a situation recently where I was inserting and account and a contact associated with that account.