October '18 Release News
The October ’18 wave of business application releases from Microsoft provides you with significant capabilities to transform your business. These new services and capabilities become available starting in October 2018. (These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).)
- Enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications include hundreds of new capabilities across Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Portals, Omni-channel Engagement Hub, Field Service, Project Service, Social Engagement, Finance and Operations, Talent, Retail, and Business Central. We're introducing a new set of mixed reality experiences using Microsoft Layout and Microsoft Remote Assist.
- New intelligence applications employ decades of AI work pioneered by Microsoft Research to make Dynamics 365 more intelligent. You can enhance sales performance and planning with the new Dynamics 365 AI for Sales application.
- New Power platform capabilities combine Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, the Common Data Service for Apps, and Power BI dataflows into an unmatched palette of tools to extend, customize, and integrate Dynamics 365 and Office 365 into your environment.
- Data integration provides built-in connectivity to the Power platform and more, with data across hundreds of business systems, enabling rich and intelligent experiences. The Common Data Model provides semantic consistency for canonical business entities across Dynamics 365, Common Data Service for Apps, and Power BI dataflows, increasing value and saving time for application developers, ISV partners, and integrators.
- Deeper integrations with other Microsoft products offer seamless experiences with Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Stream, Azure, and LinkedIn. We’ve enhanced Dynamics 365 with data and signal from Office 365 and Bing.
- Performance, usability, and supportability enhancements improve the applications and underlying platform, and provide a better experience for you to run your businesses.
We’ve done this work to help you—our partners, customers, and users—drive the digital transformation of your business on your terms.
We’re looking forward to engaging with you as you put these new services and capabilities to work, and we’re eager to hear your feedback as you dig into the October ’18 release.
Let us know your thoughts. Share your feedback on a community forum for Dynamics 365 or users of the "Power" suite of products (Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, and Stream). We’ll use your feedback to make improvements.