In a world where information is power, we need postmodern analytics – analytics that decentralize data ownership and deliver high-caliber performance that easily scales to the masses. In 2019, we'll see this begin to emerge, as the technology shifts toward making data accessible to all people and all organizations.
- Multi-Cloud, hybrid, and edge will form a continuum.
- Workloads - not just data - will be distributed.
- Centralized data will be replaced by a single view of all data.
- Analytics embedded in the process will reshape the process.
- External innovation will outpace internal innovation by 2X.
- Performance and scale will re-take center stage.
- AI will make analytics more human, not less.
- Visualization, conversation, and presentation technologies will merge.
- Data literacy will become a KPI.
- Platforms will evolve info systems.