Our client is looking for a knowledgeable and self-motivated Advisory Database Developer / Architect for Microsoft SQL to lead the design, development, and maintenance of database technologies. Working on a team with other database and software developers, this person will deliver solutions utilizing T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
Evaluate, design, code, optimize, and modify Microsoft SQL databases and database applications. We are looking for a strong team player and communicator who is capable of multitasking and can work with a wide range of audiences from developers to senior management. Leadership in architecting a solution and emphasis on best practices development is a must for this role.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, fitness reimbursement, employee stock purchase program with company match. To apply for this position please visit TopLine Strategies Technical Career Page.
- Lead multiple concurrent development projects utilizing SQL Server 2005 through 2012
- Work with database manager to develop the vision for database, SSIS, and SSAS architecture
- Help lead the upgrade of key systems such as SSAS, SSRS, and database engine to SQL 2012
- Develop tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, triggers and other objects utilizing latest DML and DDL syntax
- Tune databases for optimum performance, and work closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications
- May involve interface development to access database
- Confer with end-users, peers or senior management to define business requirements
- Generate detailed design documents from business requirements and document solutions upon design
- Help develop and lead best practice dissemination to the rest of the database team
- Works without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment, and may assist less experienced peers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / related field or related work experience, with 7+ years of comprehensive SQL Server experience working with SQL Server 2005 and more recent versions
- Proven record of architecting robust relational database solutions
- In-depth experience with SSIS development using all areas of the environment, including scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance optimization skills
- Experience working with a .NET development team delivering database code as part of an integrated SDLC system
To apply for this position please visit TopLine Strategies Technical Career Page.