Marketing automation will add considerable value to a sales rep’s process. Sales professionals can tailor their activities to be more relevant to the buyer’s interest, which means sales teams can convert more leads to revenue. Introducing a marketing automation system will also allow your sales team to focus their time more efficiently, leaving the slower prospects to marketing automation’s lead nurturing capabilities.
If a prospective client is not yet ready to be converted, the marketing automation system will still market to them without spending too much of the sales team’s energy or time. A marketing automation system allows sales reps to work smarter, not harder. It can be used to determine how to grow or improve a company’s message in order to gauge your customers’ best interests
Your salespeople will be able to easily convert more sales to revenue and grow their sales commissions by calling only those who opened and clicked on the emails the system has sent. Leveraging marketing automation software is a tool often overlooked by those in sales. But utilizing your organization’s marketing automation platform can help you close more deals.
Here are five ways sales reps can maximize their efforts with marketing automation software:
- Communicate: Have sales reps let marketing know which leads are hot and which are simply a waste of everyone's time. Not everyone who clicks on a link or fills out a form turns out to be an actual buyer or client. Prospects abound, but focus on those who can be converted into a revenue stream.
- Research visitors to your site: Maybe they're too shy to raise their hand and ask for more information while they're visiting your website. You know they're there, but they haven't filled out the contact form. Utilize your marketing automation system's sales insight tool to discover who you should be reaching out to.
- Automate the process: Send the first email and then let marketing automation follow up with targeted, personalized, sales-oriented emails every so often. This drip process is much more efficient than sending out a single email to each prospect. And many – emails and prospects – are bound to fall through the cracks. With the ability to personalize these follow-up emails, an automated system will soon astound you with its abilities.
- Pay attention to details: Review the email signatures of prospective clients. Their contact information can sometimes only be found there. And if they're out of the office, even better! Since personal data (like cell phone numbers and dates of absence) are included, this not only gives you another way to contact them, but perhaps connect on a personal level with them about their Alaskan fishing trip, too.
- Employ tactical marketing: Execute your marketing plan with an eye towards generating leads, creating marketing tools and implementing a follow-up system. Placing a product in front of a potential customer is only one step in the often lengthy process to turn that prospect into a returning client. Getting your message across in a consistent and effective way results in revenue.
About the Author:
TopLine Strategies delivers the complete integration and development of sales, marketing and customer service technologies that enable corporate clientele to improve revenue streams and strengthen customer interactions. Our project management and consulting is designed to achieve timely delivery, 100 percent user adoption of the technologies we implement and deliver measurable returns on investments for our clients.