Cloud technology has changed the future of business and some believe that it will be the only way businesses will function. It is beneficial for a company of any size and allows flexibility for companies to save money, and free up the necessity to manage complex technologies. Six opportunities cloud technology can enhance your business: Data back up
- Losing data can cost your company money and disrupt the flow of business. Cloud technology is a great solution for backing up data and protecting it from local disruptions. Businesses that utilize cloud technology are able to resolve issues nearly four times faster than those who do not utilize cloud technology. Avoid the need to buy expensive storage devices and instead invest in cloud technology so that your data is available when you need it.
- With technologies like Microsoft® Exchange, companies can have all the features of email with the ability to work from anywhere, positively affecting workers’ work-life balance and productivity.
- With the rising concern of how to keep your company protected from spam and viruses, companies give great attention to security. Cloud-based technology includes the benefit of having security experts who are keeping spam filtering up-to-date so you no longer need to worry about your company being at risk.
- Programs like Microsoft® Lync and SharePoint make communication and collaboration on projects easier than ever. Companies that invest in collaboration technology have a 400 percent return on investment. It allows employees to easily share files and communicate with anyone around the world. Give your company’s employees the tools they need without increasing costs or unnecessary tasks to manage a share drive system. Cloud technology gives companies all the resources, while keeping management simple.
- With all files in a central location, there is no need to work off of multiple versions of a file to complete a project. Employees can work off of one document simultaneously and make changes together, creating increased efficiency and decreasing document clutter.
- Sustainability is still a hot topic in today’s business world. Businesses using cloud computing only need to use the server space they need which decreases their company’s carbon footprint. Using cloud technology leads to at least 30 percent less energy consumption and carbon emissions than using on-site servers. Small companies will like see up to a 90 percent cut in energy use and carbon emissions.
Cloud technology truly has helped to level the playing field in the world of technology. In the past, it was nearly impossible for small companies to provide the top technology offerings to their employees. However, today, with the introduction of cloud services and solutions, technology is available for companies in every shape and size to push them to the next level.