Customer service has become a real dealmaker or breaker for companies. The right technology will set companies up for success, as customers grow expecting quicker, more personalized service. The latest technology will put your company in the driver’s seat for best serving customers throughout the entire buying cycle.
Below are current trends for customer service and the accompanying technologies that will aid in trend achievement.
- Multichannel Customer Service is a Necessity: Customers are using many different channels of customer service to reach companies. Therefore, companies must utilize these varying channels to best serve customers. Merely having a customer service phone number will not suffice any longer. No matter which channels the customer choose, they want the personal attention. A customer Relationship Management (CRM) system will benefit companies to best understand customer interaction.
- Power of Social Media: Social Media - a powerful customer service tool, for both parties. Customers are tweeting or ‘facebooking,’ the good and the bad to their networks about experiences with specific companies. They feel empowered in letting their networks know about the experience to encourage or warn. Social media provides an additional channel for customers to interact with companies, ask any questions and voice any concerns. For companies, customer responses (of any kind) are priceless, giving strong clues into company strengths and areas for improvement. With social listening and engagement tools available to companies, being alerted to chatter about their business allows for quick engagement with their customer base.
- Smart Phone Prowess: Phones aren’t just for calling. They are becoming less ‘phone’ and more ‘social media mobile conduit’. Browsing websites, conducting pre-purchase research, reviewing products post-purchase and interacting with customer service professionals all in the palm of your hand. Thankfully, technology changes along with social media. Your CRM will be able to track how customers found your website. Was it through a mobile device? Time to ensure that your mobile website is easy to navigate. Mobile service channels are incredibly important, as today’s customer is constantly on the go.
- Data Delivers: With the help of Business Intelligence solutions, users will be able to better read and analyze their own customer data. Direct feedback and other customer data can be tracked in order to find trends. These trends educate customer service agents and companies to fix bigger issues and better serve customers.
- Quick, Personalized Service: Especially with the rise in the millennial generation, who currently represent 25 percent of the population, there is a heightened focus on quick responses and service. Exceptional customer service solutions will allow for a 360-degree view of a customer and their history with a company. Utilizing methods in this way, customer service professionals will be able to pinpoint easily what products and services they are utilizing, their interaction history and any additional customer details. With a full profile in front of each agent, along with a strong knowledgebase, answers will be speedy and focused.
Customer service is moving towards quick service, personalized attention and word-of-mouth power. With the correct technologies in place, your company will be prepared to best serve customers wherever they are.
About the Author:
TopLine Strategies delivers the complete integration and development of sales, marketing and customer service technologies that enable corporate clientele to improve revenue streams and strengthen customer interactions. Our project management and consulting is designed to achieve timely delivery, 100 percent user adoption of the technologies we implement and deliver measurable returns on investments for our clients.