It is always exciting to see what new features and opportunities come with the release of a new edition of a business application. With it, brings new opportunities to streamline processes, become more cohesive through technology offerings, and drive technology cutting edge innovation.
This is exactly what to look forward to with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 October '18 Release. Below you will find a few of the new functionalities to expect and look forward to:
- Stronger integrations amongst Microsoft products: Seamless experience between Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Stream, Azure, and LinkedIn. This will also include the boost of Dynamics 365 with data and signal from Office 365 and Bing.
- Dynamics 365 Application Enhancements: Hundreds of new capabilities are available for Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Field Service, Social Engagement, Portals, Omni-Channel Engagement Hub, Talent, Retail, Finance and Operation, and Business Central platforms.
- Additional Power Platform Capabilities: The dataflows of Power BI, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, and the Common Data Service for Apps have been extended, customized, and integrated into Dynamics 365 and Office 365 to expand your team's efforts and capabilities.
- Usability, Performance, and Support Enhancements: Enhancements were made in an effort to improve the applications and their platforms for a better overall experience.
- Intelligence Application: Dynamics 365 is now more intelligent thank to decades of AI work spearheaded by Microsoft Research, enhancing sales performance and planning.
- Data Integration: Richer, more intelligent experiences are available through the built-in connectivity to the Power platform with data from hundreds of business systems. The Common Data Model provides consistency across all business entities, increasing their subsequent value and saving time for integrators, application developers, and other partners.
For a full list of all the updates with the October '18 Release, please review the release notes.