Microsoft announced a new update on October 25, 2011 in a press release that will allow for social capabilities. Social CRM seems to be the hot buzz word in the marketplace as organizations are now trying to tap into integrating CRM with social technologies. GM of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Management Group was quoted in saying, " Across Microsoft, we deliver social capabilities that help customers and businesses build more productive relationships. By bringing together new social collaboration capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with familiar collaboration technologies such as Office, SharePoint and Lync, businesses will be able to expand their relationships with customers and gain even deeper insight and understanding."
The new release will include the following capabilities:
- Activity feeds: Real-time notifications on important relationships and significant business events.
- Mobile activity feeds: View your feeds when you're away from your desk and out of the office.
- Micro-blogging: Status updates and notifications regarding important events and actions.
- Conversations: Post questions, observations, suggestions and status updates. This will allow users to collaborate in real-time.
- Automated activity updates: Post information to activity feeds directly. This includes a subscribe function.
With these new capabilities, Microsoft is continuing to place itself as one of the top players and game changers in the CRM marketplace.