I created a custom report for CRM 2011 in BIDS months ago for a client, but was recently notified that it had stopped working after some significant changes were made to their environment. Out-of-the-box reports would display just fine, but the one I wrote displayed a vague "The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)" message and there was nothing useful in the Event Viewer to shed more light on the problem.
You are here
- Product family is a pick list field under product object
- Forecasting can be filtered by product family
- A product always has to be listed under master list, which is standard price book
- Can be listed in customized price books.
- Custom price book can have DISCOUNT. Discount can be higher than the standard price.
- An opportunity can use only one price book.
- New price book is create on Product tab
Chatter is changing the way your company connects. It is like using Fackbook within your company.
How chatter revolutionzies the way we share information?
Chatter Home Page – track People, records, post content and files, groups and more. Everyone can see your homepage post.
Profile Page-track post made by you and to you. Everyone can see your profile post.
Record-only Record page-user must have records access to follow, view, post to record.
Campaign contains name, start/end date, expected revenue, budget cost, actual cost. Can have different page layouts for each campaign type.
Campaign members can be lead, contact, person account, with status. Can have different page layouts for each campaign type. Status can be set up through advanced setup.
How to add campaign members to a campaign
Common CRM business requirements / challenges are security, user adoption and trusted clean data.
- Departments using salesforce
- Salesforce application/objects/data
Security Access levels
What is Salesforce to Salesforce connection? It is a connections tab, which allow channel managers with your organization to share account, contact, leads and opportunity.
- Manages connection
- Manages connection templates (admin use template to share certain objects)
- FREE to all any edition
- Either side can deactivate connection anytime
Five steps to set up a Salesforce to Salesforce connection
How Territory Management works in Salesforce
Territory Management Overview
The challenges for the Sales departments are constantly changing and unique for each industry and line of business. Each organization needs to carefully choose their Sales KPIs, monitor and reinforce its strategies and behaviors.
Top 10 Most Common Sales Metrics
1. Top X in Sales Revenue. (X can be products, reps, cities etc.)
MS CRM has grown considerably from it's early days. Customizing and developing against the older versions certainly had it's share of pain and I really enjoy working with MS CRM 2011. For all the features they've added, though, there's one still missing that I'm surprised isn't baked into the product and that is the ability to retire an option set value.